Featured Post

Nine Years On

We've just passed the nine year anniversary of Ruby going to the Rainbow Bridge. How have the years flown by so fast? The first ...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring in Sedona

This is my special creek where Mum and Dad have been taking me a lot this spring. It's only there sometimes, and now it's nearly gone again. As soon as we get out of the car, I race down there and over to the other side where the big galloping area is. Sometimes it's too deep for Mum and Dad to cross over, so I have to do all the running around on my own. It's better when they come too and throw me sticks. Best of all is when they play hide and seek chase. I race around looking behind every tree and bush for them. Suddenly, they jump out at me and I take off as fast as I can. We've played this game for as long as I can remember. It was the first game Mum played with me when she brought me home from the dog shelter and I still love it more than any other game we play. Well, maybe not tug-of-war, but almost.


My next favorite thing to do at the creek is digging a hole. Here's my 5 step method for the perfect hole:

1. Find a suitable sandy patch. It should be a little damp so it doesn't make too much dust and is nice and cool underneath.

2. Start the dirt flying. Alternate between the left and right paws so it's nice and even.


3. Pick up the pace and use both paws together. This creates depth - you don't want it to be too shallow.

4. Lie down and test it out for size and coolness. You should sniff it thoroughly to make sure.5. Get up, turn around several times, then lie down again in exactly the same position as before. Make sure the front paws are spread far apart for maximum chest contact with that nice cool earth. Smile.

No comments: