Featured Post

Nine Years On

We've just passed the nine year anniversary of Ruby going to the Rainbow Bridge. How have the years flown by so fast? The first ...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Letter to Ruby

We have had close to 200 messages, emails, cards and comments this past week from people sharing their sadness over Ruby's passing. Many have shared their own Ruby stories and I have been touched by each and every one of them. For now I am posting just one, from my dear friend Serena. She was Ruby's sitter when I went away for work last year, and joined us in many massage sessions. I think Ruby recognized in Serena a kindred spirit.



Dear Ruby,

Thank you for sharing your love and beautiful energy with all of us who were fortunate enough to know you. You are profoundly missed and deeply adored in our hearts!

I keep thinking of some of my favorite memories of you. I met you in 2003 (two houses ago for you). I felt a bond with you from that moment! A kindred spirit connection and a mutual protection or guidance. We shared many massage experiences. I loved how you said hello to me! I loved how you looked at your mom and dad so adoringly and respectful and with much admiration and strong spiritual love. I love how you treated each client with open paws and hospitality. I remember your breath during massages and the energy you gave. And you smell sooooo good!

Some of my other favorite memories with you were, one night when we were hanging out (September 2010) at your house and a praying mantis landed on your forehead near your third eye. It was so funny and cool and sweet!!! I laugh out loud thinking of it! Your dad saw too. Your mom was in California doing a workshop. I'm so grateful too for our last day together at Chavez when I looked up during meditation in the sun and you were so still in meditation too. It was a beautiful, very still moment that I will always cherish.

I loved walks with you in the morning. You had such a relaxed yet alert strut that I just loved to watch. I love how you embraced and received love. You taught me a lot, I hope you know! You were a very strong, gorgeous, kind, brilliant, funny and loving being. I'm so grateful and honored to have been in your life! I know you had such a blessed, amazing life with your mom and dad and all your friends. Congratulations on living a full, adventurous and fun, beautiful life!

You are so loved and missed.

Bless you Ruby baby, with love from my heart to yours. You are such a lady.

Peace be with you.

-Serena

7 comments:

Anita said...

What a sweet testimony of such a lovely friend! Always in our thoughts and prayers!

Sue said...

We are so very sad to hear that Ruby has crossed the bridge. We'll be thinking of her and you.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Scout and Freyja said...

True love lives on in the heart long after the Circle of Life is complete.

bbes tribe said...

We agree with Scout 'n Freya. Our hearts hold so many good memories! Ruby was beautiful and an amazing friend to many. An Angel in disguise. Bless you Ruby and your family who loved you so much. Run Free & happy!!
Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas and Mom Barb

Ms. ~K said...

Thank you for sharing her with us...
Thinking of you all,
~K

Shane Kent Louis said...

what a handsome face! you look so cool! :0

Dog Fence

Jans Funny Farm said...

Can't believe we missed Ruby's passing. Very sorry for your loss! Such a beautiful dog who evidently had an abundance of personality.