Featured Post

Nine Years On

We've just passed the nine year anniversary of Ruby going to the Rainbow Bridge. How have the years flown by so fast? The first ...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happiness is Sunday at the Creek

I had the most wonderful day with my Mum and Dad today. After breakfast at my favorite restaurant, where everyone knows my name, we took a trip to my favorite creek.

Everywhere is very green.

And the crayfish are back, bigger than ever.

They hide out under the rocks and along the edges.

But they're no match for me. I can catch them by the hundreds!

Shaking the water out of my ears.

It's just deep enough for me here. I can swim if I want.

Or I can keep my feet on the bottom.

The grass is so long now, it was easy to slope off without Mum and Dad seeing me. At least, I thought they couldn't see me. Sometimes I think Mum has eyes in the back of her head!

Sometimes it's nice to just sit on the bank and watch the fishes with Dad.

11 comments:

joanne fox said...

It's so nice to see some pictures of you again Ruby. I was wondering how you were, and clearly you are having a lovely time down at the creek.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great to see a post from you, and see the fun that you're having!! I hope all is well with you and your family!!

JacksDad said...

I may have to take a drive to Sedona!! I need to see some running water! :)

Ruby's Mum said...

We'd be happy to share our "secret" water places with you and Jack!

forever dorothy said...

Hooray! I am so glad to see you're back.
Gayle in Sierra Vista

Sally said...

I love water games.
nice woooh
Sally

Sierra Rose said...

Fun!! I would have loved the water!
You look so refreshed!
Hope to see you again soon :)

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Curt Rogers said...

Not only is it good to see you again, but it's good to see you in such a beautiful place! You're a very lucky girl!

Rick said...

Wow! You're looking good. That looks like a great place to have your own crayfish festival. Glad you're doing so well.

How Sam Sees It said...

Hi Sierra! Welcome back - it's good to see you! It looks like you had a wonderful day!

Sam

Wrigley said...

Looks like a pretty "cool" creek. I hope you caught some crawfish to eat!

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley