Featured Post

Nine Years On

We've just passed the nine year anniversary of Ruby going to the Rainbow Bridge. How have the years flown by so fast? The first ...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Winner!

Thanks to all my blogging pals who got their humans to have a go in the contest. We had some excellent entries - not all of them correct, but they were a lot of fun when Mum read them out to me!

First of all, here are the answers:

1. What is the name of my best dog pal?
d) Monty

2. What's my favorite activity?
b) playing in the snow

Several of you said a) swimming in the creek for this one, and I know I talk about the creek a lot, but I actually don't enjoy the swimming part as much as I do looking for ducks and rolling in the dirt. When there's snow to play in, I never want to come home.

3. Which of these places haven't I visited?
c) Oklahoma

4. Have I ever caught a duck?
No, but I know it's going to happen one day
(I thought it was a), but Mum said that was just my imagination)

5. What gives me the willies?
c) Thunder
(and black dogs, as a couple of you rightly noted).

So there were just two of you who had all the answers correct. Mum wrote those names on pieces of paper and put them in my beret.

I had to wait patiently till she gave the word.


When she said "get it!", I stuck my head right in there and pulled one out.




I chewed it around in my mouth a bit because I thought it must be a treat.

When I realized it wasn't, I dropped it on the ground. Sorry about the drool!

It's Ellie! Well done! Please tell your mum to email my mum with your address and we'll send you the book.

I know some of you tried to help your peoples out with the answers, but they obviously weren't listening. I know, I have the same problem with my peoples. But Mum said because I had so much fun picking the name out of the beret, we could put all the other names in there afterwards and I could pick out a runner up. I think you're all probably quite good runners (not as good as me, most likely, but never mind), so this was a difficult choice.


This time, I picked out Eclipse and her mum, Tabatha,



Please email my mum your address so we can send you a prize. It's a picture of me swimming in the creek! It's actually something very special that my human friend Windy made. Mum says it's called a fridge magnet.

Mum was very excited that both the winners are training to be assistance dogs. This just goes to show how smart both Ellie and Eclipse must be and what excellent working dogs they will become.

And now I want to show you all the present my mum got for me.

It came in the mail last week, but I wasn't allowed to wear it because of the little episode with the skunk. Even though I still stink a bit, Mum put it on me today. Doesn't the color suit me?

This is my very own Scruffy Dog Collar, in teal, hand made especially for me by Kelli and Tibby (I think Tibby does most of the work). I'm very proud to wear it and like it a lot better than my purple collar, which gets very hot around my neck in the summer. If you want to get one for yourself, have your person order one from Tibby's mum. She makes them really fast!

Okay, Mum says I have to stop the chit chat now, so I'll have to tell you the rest of my news next time. I've been tagged by Paco, Milo and Maya. This time it's all about food. That's my kind of game!

11 comments:

Tabatha said...

YAY!! Mom is very excited!! Thank You!!!

Andrea said...

congratulations!

Blessings and prayers, andrea

PS: You have an award at arise 2 write. You definitely inspire me.

Heather and Kelly said...

Thank You!! This was a fun contest! :)
I can't wait to read Ellie her new book!

JacksDad said...

Yeah, we love contests!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Woo Hoo for the winners!!

and Woo Hoo for no more stinkies!!

Smileys!
Dory

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!!
Clap clap clap clap!!!!!!
grrrrrrrrrr....
our mommy didn't write the right answer!!!!!
Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyy....why you hadn't read Ruby's blog much more well???
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
;-)))))
Ok...next time.....
can't wait to read about your food's secrets!!!
And great great collar!!!
You look sooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!
HAve a great day!!!!
We love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Scout and Freyja said...

Do you know how pretty you are? Do you☺

bbes tribe said...

Congrats to the winners. Contests are fun. We love your new collar. It looks fabuhlouus!!!! on you.
Wags
Ernie & Sasha

How Sam Sees It said...

Congratulations! You look wonderful!

Sam

Sally said...

Hi Ruby,
your new collar is great. Is beautiful.

Nice wuuuh
Sally

Louisette passion retriever, cat, memory Katanga said...

Congratulations, greeting from Belgium Louisette +2 golen Cerise and Zitablue
http::/blog.seniorennet.be/louisette/
http://passionretrieverpets.blogspot.com/